5 Asian Foods/Drinks to Have for Winter

5 Asian Foods/Drinks to Have for Winter

The weather is getting a lot cooler recently, so today, I am gonna share some of my favourite Asian food/drinks to have during winter to keep you warm.

• Noodle Soup

The first thing that comes to my mind is noodle soup. Nothing can warm you up better than a bowl of warm soup, lovely broth with your choice of noodles and toppings. My favourite is probably chicken broth with rice noodles. What’s your favourite noodle and soup combination?

.

• Hot Pot

Do you know hot pot? Hot pot is a popular thing back home, especially during the winter season. A hot pot is a meal in which people sit around a pot of steaming hot soup usually placed in the middle of the table with raw ingredients such as meat, seafood, vegetables, noodles… all cut into thin/small portions to allow faster cooking. You can put whatever you like in the pot of boiling soup and have the food and dipping sauce of your choice.

.

• Spicy dishes

Do you like spicy foods? I love spicy dishes, from spicy noodle soup to spicy broth or hot pot. Having spicy food makes me feel warmer and I like the kick as well.

• Glutinous Rice Balls

This is a type of dessert made with glutinous rice and is usually served in a bowl of warm syrup. Some of the common fillings are sweet black sesame seed paste and peanut paste. We also have them during the mid-autumn festival and winter solstice as well.

.

• Tea

Finally, why not have a cup of warm tea? From black tea to green tea, herbal or spiced tea – there must be one that you like. I always go for green tea and I also like peppermint and oolong.

See you next week!

Hoi Yan