Can you believe that it’s October already? And the year 2021 is coming towards the end – time files!
As it’s October and the weather is getting a bit cooler, besides a cup of hot cocoa, some warm desserts would be perfect for the season! Today I would like to share two easy dessert recipes for you to enjoy in the coming months.
Sticky Toffee Pudding
Chopped dates 150g
Bicarbonate of soda 10g
Caster sugar 150g
Self-raising flour 150g
Vanilla essence 10g
Double cream 250g
Demerara sugar (Light brown sugar) 100g
- Butter the moulds.
- Boil the dates for 5mins and add the bicarbonate of soda.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffly.
- Add the egg slowly.
- Mix in the dates, flour and vanilla essence and stir well until incorporated.
- Bake at 180°C for approximately 30mins.
- Sauce: Boil the double cream, whisk in the butter and sugar and simmer for 3 mins. Pour over the pudding, serve warm.
Chocolate Lava Cake (aka chocolate fondant or molten chocolate cake)
Dark chocolate 130g
Plain flour 28g
Whole egg 120g
Egg yolks 40g
Caster sugar 65g
- Melt the butter and chocolate together. (They only need to be warmed up – please do not burn the chocolate as it is very sensitive to heat!)
- Whisk the eggs, yolks and sugar together until pale.
- Add the sugar and egg mixture to the melted chocolate and butter mixture. Fold until the mixture is combined.
- Add in the sieved flour.
- Brush the moulds with butter and dusting of flour.
- Fill the moulds to 3/4 full.
- Bake at 180°C for approximately 10 mins. (Please be very careful with the timings as this is the key to the whole dessert! If it is overbaked, the centre of the cake won’t ooze out. On the other hand, if it’s underbaked, the cake won’t be set enough and it won’t hold its shape.)
- Serve immediately.
Hope you enjoy the recipes! Don’t forget to share a picture with us if you tried any of the recipes!
Happy baking and see you next week.