Benefits of Meal Prep!

Benefits of Meal Prep!

The new academic year has started, and I believe that you all must be busy catching up with everything. I started preparing my meals when I started uni, and I would highly recommend it to all students.

There are loads of benefits of why you should prep your own food. Below are some that I think are most important for students.

Save Money

Budgeting is everything! I know that we students don’t have a lot of money to spend and eating out is expensive. Prepping your own meals allows you to control your budget while having something proper. Grocery shopping has also become one of my favourite things while I’m free – searching for new, seasonal ingredients and trying them in new recipes.

.

• Time-saving

Usually, meal prep won’t take too long. You can do it between a couple hours to a day maximum. You only need one day a week to get your meals for the next week prepared. All you need to do is to store them in the freezer and reheat them when needed.

.

• Healthier

Having healthy meals is essential for us students as this could affect our physical and mental health and possibly academic performance as well. After a long day of uni, we might be too tired to cook and go for fast food. With meal prep, you have your own healthy ‘fast food’ ready in your fridge! All you need to do is to reheat it.

.

• Have control of what you eat

If you have special dietary requirements or a training plan, you can tailor all the dishes you have. There are no hidden ingredients, and you know exactly what you are having (which is perfect). There are plenty of easy, student-friendly recipes online, from Asian to British cuisine, breakfast to dinner and desserts, vegan, vegetarian, allergen-free… all the recipes you need.

.

Happy cooking!

See you next week~

Hoi Yan