Throwback – My First Trip to London

Throwback – My First Trip to London

I hope you’re all enjoying your summer. Are you planning to travel anywhere?

It has been such a long time since I have last travelled, so today I would like to do a little throwback to my first time visiting London. My first visit to London was two years ago. London is such a big city and I know there must be a lot of places to explore. However, since that was my first time in London, I would say it was very ‘touristy’. I went to all the famous attractions and did much of the tourist stuff…

Oxford Circus

The first night I went shopping at Oxford Circus, where you’ve got loads of shops and brands. From luxury brands to everyday necessities, clothes, shoes, sportswear, technology… It’s always busy and crowded, especially during weekends or holidays. If you like shopping, this is the perfect place for you!

English Breakfast

The next morning, I started my day with a full English breakfast – delicious! It is a popular dish in the UK and it’s also known as the ‘All Day Breakfast’, as many of the places serve the dish at any time of the day.

Then I visited many of the attractions in London, including the London Eye, Tower Bridge, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace… As you can see in the pictures, the weather was very nice that day, lucky me!

London Eye
Tower Bridge
Big Ben (which is still under renovation 😂 )

Buckingham Palace – waiting to see the guards change

After that, I went to the British Museum – I wanted to visit the British Museum for a fairly long time so I was very excited.

The British Museum

I’m sure that you have heard of the British Museum. It’s world-famous, there are many exhibitions and the design for the whole museum is so pretty. I remember that I spent a few hours just in the museum. If you like going to museums, the British Museum is somewhere you must go.

How was your first time visiting London? Do you have any places you would recommend to visit? Please do let me know if you have any suggestions!

See you next week~

Hoi Yan