Five Things I Love about Being a Student Ambassador

I became a student ambassador in 2019, and I would say it’s one of the decisions that I will never regret. I love the work and I would like to share some of my favorite parts of working as a student ambassador at UCB with you.

• New Opportunity
Being a student ambassador means that you will have a lot of chances to work in different events, such as open days, campus tours, employer extravaganza’s, as well as representing groups like The National Collaborative Outreach Programme (NCOP). You will be able to join a variety of activities, and there are always new jobs that you can apply for.

• Meeting New People
With all the different events, you will also be able to meet many new people of all ages and backgrounds. If you love to meet new people like me, you will love to work as a student ambassador. Not only can you meet other student ambassadors, but you will also meet people outside UCB, for example, visitors from other cities and college students etc. So it’s never the same.

• Share My Experience and Passion
I enjoy my study here at UCB and I love to share my experience and passion with others. For me, being able to study Bakery and Patisserie at UCB is an excellent experience and I would like to encourage everyone to chase their dreams and follow their passion. If you want to talk to current students about the university, studies, student life, Birmingham, or anything else, please feel free to talk to us via the Unibuddy platform.

• Practice My English
Another thing I really like about being a student ambassador is that it allows me to practice my English. As an international student from a non-English speaking country, I always look for opportunities where I can practice my English. If you also want to improve your English, becoming a student ambassador might be a good idea!

• Step Out of My Comfort Zone
Becoming a student ambassador gives me the chance to step out of my comfort zone. When I first came to the UK, I was really shy and quiet, and I barely knew anyone back then. Working as a student ambassador helped me to put myself out in a new environment, learning new skills, meeting new friends, and building up my confidence.

See you next week.

Hoi Yan