Back to Uni

Back to Uni

Hello, aspiring university students, I hope you are all doing well. I know that many are worried about how the pandemic would affect their studies in this time of uncertainty but try not to get discouraged by the pandemic. You can still make the best out of the new academic year. Some of us will be back to campus soon and there will definitely be some changes that we all have to adapt to for now. Have you made any preparations for your return, and are you ready??
So, in this blog post, I decided to write on the subject of going back to the university and what I have done so far in preparation for my return. I would be lying if I said I am not worried about going back to the university in the next few weeks. Don’t get me wrong, I am excited and more than ready to finish my final semester, but I am also a ball of nerves. Maybe it’s the overthinker and over-worrier in me or the fact that this is my final semester. I just cannot stop thinking about preparing for this return to the university despite not really knowing what to prepare for.
However, reading what the university have to say about welcoming students back into the new academic year seems to be helpful for me. At least I feel well informed about what to expect once I am back, so I encourage my fellow students to read the latest updates on the university’s website as well as checking your student email. We have to play our part to keep everyone on campus safe, especially those who plan to go to campus, so make sure you know the guidelines that the university has made for everyone.
As for preparations, most of it is just mental preparation for the new semester. I have to keep reminding myself that it will be fine and that I should view things in a positive light. I made sure I read a balanced amount of news and regular updates on everything to make sure I don’t get overwhelmed with things that are going on. I kept in touch with my lecturers which helped me a lot because I can assure myself that the university can support me should I have worries or concerns regarding anything. Besides that, I also make sure that I always have essential hygiene products such as hand sanitizer and tissues whenever I leave my house.
I hope anyone who is as nervous and worried as me knows that they’re not alone. We just need to stay positive and be aware of everything around us. This difficult time shall pass soon! Until then, keep calm and stay safe.