A week away from Lisbon

A week away from Lisbon

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well and staying safe. This week I am here to give you some tips about the places you should visit if you travel to the south of Portugal. Every year I go to Vilamoura which is a town in the south of Portugal – I usually stay there for 2 or 3 weeks, and every year we decided to choose different beaches to visit and restaurants to try.

Things to do:

1. Visit the Benagil Caves

This year my family and I decided to finally visit the Benagil Caves, and it was one of the best trips I have ever made. I did the boat tour with a company called Coastline Lovers, and it was excellent. You see the most famous, which is the Benagil one, but you also see 13 more caves. I was fortunate because on the day that I did the boat tour, we were lucky enough to see dolphins, and I was so happy because they are one of my favourite animals. The price at the moment is 24€ per person, and the tour is 2 hours. They make the tour in Portuguese and English.

1. Fuzeta Island

This is a beach which you have to take a boat taxi to get there, and the price is 1,80€ round trip. The beach is located on an island, and the beach is very long, which is good because there is a lot of space for everyone. You can also rent a beach umbrella with chairs for 10€ a day.

1. Cacela Velha Beach

This second beach you also have to take a boat when the tide is high, and the price is 1,50€ one way. In my opinion, this is one of the most beautiful beaches because the water is so transparent, and it’s also long so there is a lot of space for everyone.

Praia de Cacela Velha (Fábrica Mar)

1. Falésia Beach

This last beach you only need a car to get to, or you can walk. It is situated in Vilamoura and is one of my favourites, especially to see the sunset. On this beach they also sell one of my favourite summer foods, bolas de Berlim, which in English is called Berliner. My favourite one is the simple one without any cream.

Praia da Falésia (Olhos de Água) - ATUALIZADO 2020 O que saber ...

Places to eat:

1. Nosolo Italia

This is one of my favourite restaurants to eat since I love Italian food. This year I went there to celebrate the fact that I graduated with first-class honours. I didn’t book a table, but I recommend you do because the restaurant is usually full since it is not that expensive and is located in a classy place which is the Vilamoura Marina. I have been going to this restaurant since I was a kid since my uncle loves their ice creams, so it is a tradition to have one every year.

1. Coral Food and Wine

I went to this restaurant for the first time this year, and we went with a friend of my mum. It’s a tapas restaurant, so it’s very nice to go there after the beach to have dinner. It is located in Quarteira, which is only 10 minutes’ walking from Vilamoura. We decided to stay on the terrace to see the sunset and also because it was a lovely night. We had great food as you can see in the pictures and it was not that expensive either.

1. Crepes da Villa

Lastly, I had to mention a sweet shop since I am a sweets person. I discovered this place when I was researching restaurants in general, and the crepes and waffles were amazing. I had a kinder crepe, and my mum had a waffle with cinnamon and sugar, and we only paid 7€ for both.

I hope you liked my tips and see you next week,