Summer Favourite Foods

Hey everyone,

I hope you are well and excited because as I have seen on the news, restaurants and pubs have opened last Saturday, and I know some of you have been waiting for this for a long time. In Portugal, restaurants have now been open for a month and to be honest, what I was most excited about was to go back to the bakeries and eat all the pastries that I miss in the UK and eat sushi.

Today I bring you my favourite foods to eat during summer, and some of them I still eat during winter, but they taste better during this period.

1. Fruit: Melon, Cherries, Peach, Strawberries and Mango

One of my favourites foods to eat during summer is fruit, especially the ones mentioned. I love all the berries that I eat during winter as well, but definitely, my favourites are melon and peach. These two fruits always put me in a good mood, especially when it is a scorching summer day. I only eat cherries during summer as well, but I can only eat the ones that come from the city where my grandparents were born because they are the best.

2. Juices

I love freshly made juice. Last year my mother bought a smoothie machine, and since quarantine, she has been making a lot of juices, and with two cubes of ice, it’s just perfect. She usually uses fruits that have been in the fridge for a long time, but they still taste amazing.

3. Salads

I am not a salad person, and if you ask me how many times I eat salad except in summer, you can probably count them with one hand. But since in summer it is so hot, especially in Portugal, a fresh salad at the beach is everything I could ask for, I love it!

4. Snails

This might sound weird for some people, but it is a tradition in summer in Portugal, we eat snails. In Portugal, some people love snails, and some people find eating snails disgusting, but I am the person who loves snails. I love leaving the beach at around 6pm, going to a terrace and eating them with a coke.

5. Avocado toast

Avocado toast is my new favourite breakfast! During summer I have more time to make my breakfast, so I spend more time planning it and making it. I am only sad that avocado is so expensive in Portugal compared to the UK. But I also like to have my usual toast when I am lazy.

6. Ice cream

Last is ice cream, obviously!! I am a fanatic with ice cream, I can eat ice cream every day. My favourite ones are Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Dough and Fudge Brownie, an ice cream shop called Nossolo Agua in Portugal and obviously Wall’s ice creams, Cornetto.

Tell me what your favourite foods are during summer and if you like any of the foods that I just mentioned!

See you next week,