Five new brands I recently discovered on social media

Hey everyone,

I hope you are all well and staying safe. Last week I told you about some of the things I wish to accomplish by the age of 22. Today I am here to tell you about new brands that I discovered through Instagram and Tik Tok, which is my new obsession ahaha.

1. Call it Alma

The first one is a small cruelty-free Portuguese brand that ships worldwide, and it was created by two University College Birmingham alumni: Fabiana and Mariana. Since they are both Portuguese, they wanted the name of the store to be connected to their country, so for that reason they decided to call it Alma (which means Soul), and it made sense because of the value of the brand.

This shop values the fact that they are a cruelty-free brand and have all sizes available for any gender and any preferences. On their website, it is currently possible to buy phone cases, sweatshirts, t-shirts and tote bags.

I met this brand recently when a famous British YouTuber called Saffron Barker made a collection with them with tie-dye pieces which are the pattern most seen on social media nowadays. On this website, I found a lot of beautiful dresses and loungewear as well, since it is something that I have to buy in case there is a second wave of the virus.

3. Nasty Gal

One of my best friends introduced me to this store when she ordered some coats and a dress. I haven’t ordered anything yet, because shipping is cheaper to the UK, so I left all the pieces that I wanted in the shopping trolley and in July, when I go back to the UK, I will order. My favourite items are jackets, coats and summer tops.

4. & Other Stories

This brand I found on Instagram in an ad. The clothes can be a little bit overpriced, but they currently have a 50% sale, so you can probably find something that you like with a better price. My favourite items are summer dresses and winter sweaters ahah, I know, very similar.

5. Oh Polly

This last brand was also an ad that appeared on my Tik Tok for you page. This page has incredible discounts as well, and definitely the best thing to buy from it is dresses.

Let me know which are your favourite brands, and if you know any local brand from Birmingham, let me know as well since nowadays I prefer to support local shops.

See you next week,