How to be productive during quarantine

How to be productive during quarantine

Hey everyone,

I have now been in quarantine for 21 days, and I know how easy it is to just procrastinate. The first week that I came home, it was very stressful since I had to finish my dissertation draft and I really wanted to get as much as possible done. In the end, I managed to write my full dissertation, which was very good. After that, I felt like I didn’t have anything to do, even though I have three more assignments due in the middle of May. Today, I decided to come and tell you how I am structuring my day to be more productive.

8:00-8:30: Time to wake up! I always allow myself upto 5 minutes in bed after I wake up, just to get ready for the day.

8:30 – 9:00: Time to get ready. If you want to be productive, you have to remove your pajamas and dress like you are going to class or going to the library to study. I know it is very comfortable to wear pajamas all day, but it will not help you. After I get ready, I make my bed and have breakfast. I am so lucky that I am at home, and I can have toast every morning with the fantastic bread that I only find in Portugal, with that I usually have milk or fresh juice, because I don’t drink coffee.

9:30-12:30: Time for studying. As I mentioned in a post before I usually make a to-do list and now that we are in quarantine, I find it very useful, for making sure that I don’t lose myself with everything I have to do.

12:30-14:00: My lunch break. Usually in this period it is when I watch the news for around 30 minutes to keep me updated on the current situation and when I have my lunch, that my mum usually cooks for us.

14:00-17:00: Back to studying. I continue doing the tasks that I set for that day, and I always try to finish by 5pm to have time for my self and for more activities.

17:00-17:30: Time for social media and to have an afternoon snack.

17:30-19:00: Is usually the time that I watch some series again or I work for Enterprise Hive.

19:00-19:30: Time for a workout. I try to work out every day for 30 minutes, to keep my mind occupied and to keep my body doing some exercise.

19:30-20:30: Time for shower and dinner. In Portugal, we usually have dinner at 8pm, I know that for English people that is very late, but for us it is normal.

21:00-22:00: Time for family and friends. I try to talk to my friends, boyfriend and family every day and it is usually around this time.

22:00-23:00: Time to Read. This is my last activity of the day. As mentioned, I am trying to read more, so I have one hour per day to read, and at the moment I am reading a book that I found at Poundland ahah. I didn’t even know that Poundland sold books, but once I went there, and I found this one and the cover looked very interesting and for 1 pound why not? The book is adorable, to be honest. It is called Jemina J.

This is my usual routine during weekdays, in the weekend is slightly different since I allow myself to sleep a little bit more and to watch more series or movies. Let me know what you have been doing during your quarantine.

See you next week,