Making excuses to finish what we had to start

I think I speak for all of us that these days have been a little bit weird and maybe scary.

Unfortunately, the rapid spread of the coronavirus had the UK taking measurements so everyone can stay safe. One of these measurements is trying to stay away from public places that don’t require our presence unless it’s necessary.

I realised that this is taking me out of my comfort zone and probably this is happening to you too. So, following the warnings I’m trying to stay home as much as I can but how can I do it without getting bored?

There are plenty of activities you can do inside. Before thinking about anything else, cleaning is the most important one. Wash your hands frequently, go and make your bed, clean under the bed and those hard places to reach in the bathroom. Try to sanitize and take precautions due to the virus situation. Then after that maybe go and binge watch tv, videos or whatever you do to waste time. When you get bored I challenge you to finish that one (or more) thing that you haven’t finished.

A couple of months ago I bought a 1000 piece puzzle. Which I really want to finish but I haven’t. And I have challenged myself to at least make some progresses. It worked, maybe it’s not much but I finished the frame and i’m not going to lie I’m proud of myself.

I also had a book, Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka. It is a very interesting book that I desperately wanted to read it and I did but I started but never finished it. I’m reading it now to finally know the end of the story. With all this time, its actually letting me do that or it’s enough excuse to do it.

I would recommend you all consider this advice as maybe it will help your accommodation to look nicer, change your mood and make those incomplete old pending tasks gone. Let’s make this an excuse to finish all that we had to do. Doesn’t matter if it’s doing the dishes or calling a relative. I challenge you to do it and finish it during this period. Let’s make it happen and don’t forget to wash your hands.