Tips to create the best university wardrobe

Hi everyone,

As you might know, I love fashion, buying clothes or even just looking around stores to see which are the new trends for the season. Since I came to Birmingham, I stopped buying too many clothes every month, because now I am more conscious about spending money but also about fast fashion.

1. Be practical

One of my first tips is to pack practical clothes for the course you are doing. For example, if you are a culinary arts management student, you will need your uniform to protect your clothes or even some old clothes that you don’t mind if they get destroyed to wear under your uniform.

1. Buy basic clothes

When I was younger, I used to buy shirts and sweaters with a lot of patterns or bright colours. Nowadays I prefer to purchase primary colours that I know I can combine with more things and in different ways, so it doesn’t look that I am always wearing the same. To buy basic tops, Primark is a good choice, or if you prefer a little bit more quality, I recommend Zara as well.

1. Comfort clothes

Usually, when it’s the end of the semester, and you have loads of assignments to finish, you spend a lot of time on campus, and you will need comfortable clothes. My go-to when I want to be comfy are jumpers and a good pair of mom jeans. Most people find joggers very comfy as well, but I haven’t found any pair that I like, especially to wear outside the house.

1. Visit local charity shops

Since we are students, we don’t have a massive budget to spend on clothes and to be honest sometimes you can find excellent quality, reasonably priced clothes in charity shops. In the present days, vintage is a new trend, and you can probably find good vintage pieces in these shops.

1. Sales & Unidays

Then obviously, I usually save money for sale season, because I know that most things that I want from the collections are going to be on sale for the original price that they should be. I usually find the best deals at Inditex brands such as Zara, Berhska, Stradivarius, but we only have them in London that is quite far. In the meantime, when there is no sale, we have Unidays that allow us to save a lot of money.

1. Find Inspiration

My last tip is to find inspiration on social media, such as Instagram and Pinterest. At the moment, there are loads of influencers that share their outfits every day, and they can inspire you to recreate their look with your own pieces or even notice that you could wear them in different ways.

These are my tips for the week, I hope you enjoyed it.

See you next week,