My trip to Kraków

My trip to Kraków

Hi everyone,

My post for today is about my trip to Krakow that I went on in January, I am only writing about it now because it might be a trip idea for your reading week or even to go to during summer. When I went, it was too cold, but the weather in March should be a little bit better.

Monday:

We flew with Ryanair, and we went on the first flight in the morning that was direct to Krakow. We landed around 10 am in their time zone, so we decided to take the train to the city centre, which took about 30 minutes.

After that, we walked to our hotel which was about 23 minutes away from the train station. Our hotel was called 32 Old Town Krakow, it had 3 stars, and it was one of the best 3 stars hotels that I have been to.

We left our bags in the hotel, decided to go and have lunch because we were both starving and our room was not ready until 3pm. We decided to try McDonald’s there because sometimes the food is very different. We got a lot of food, and it was only 7 pounds, which was very reasonable.

After lunch, we went back to the hotel to see the room, and as you can see from the pictures, the place was incredible and even had a massive TV where we watched Netflix during the night.

Then we went to explore the main square in the city centre where we saw monuments such as The Cloth Hall that you can go inside and have a view of the city, but since it was winter it was closed. We saw the Krakow Museum, the St Florian’s Gate and then Kraków Barbican.

After the sight seeing, we went back to the hotel to rest a little bit because we woke very early and then decided to have dinner at the hotel restaurant. I was shocked because the quality was amazing and the price as well.

Tuesday:

On our second day, we woke up early as well because it was the day we were going to Auschwitz. My boyfriend was very excited for this day because he loves history and definitely this place is significant for world history. We had breakfast at the hotel and made some snacks for the trip.

The journey on the train was quite long, it was around 2 hours and 40 minutes. When we arrived at a station called Oswiecim it was almost 12pm and we had booked a tour for 12:30pm. We were lucky because there was a taxi that took us to the site and it only cost 2 or 3 pounds, and we managed to start the tour on time.

During the museum, I didn’t take a lot of pictures because I felt that it is a place to be respected and to get knowledge of the history.

The tour finished at 4pm, and after we stopped at KFC because we were both starving since we only had breakfast. After having our lunch/afternoon snack we went straight to the train station because the train was at 6pm, and after that one the next train was at 1am, so we needed to get that one, and thankfully we got it.

Back in Krakow we went to the hotel and stopped at a supermarket to buy some sandwiches for dinner.

Wednesday:

Our last day in Krakow was a little bit more relaxed. We woke up around 8 am because we wanted to enjoy the last day and had breakfast at the hotel again.

We decided to explore the city by the river and visited the Castle. We stayed outside because you have to pay to go inside, but it’s still a fantastic place to visit, the colours and the architecture of that place was incredible. After the Castle, we visited the Church of Saint Peter and Paul in Kraków and then we decided to go for lunch.

We had lunch in one place that we found on TripAdvisor being good for Polish food, and we wanted to try something from the country. The restaurant was called The Black Duck – Czarna Kaczka, the staff were lovely even if they didn’t know how to speak English very well. We had 100% beef dumplings and then I decided to have the duck because it was one of the most famous meals in Poland and my boyfriend decided to have pork knuckle. The food was amazing, and after this, we were both very full.

When we finished lunch we then decided to see the rest of the city and went to the Jewish neighbourhood that it’s called Kazimierz and then to see the most famous bridge called Father Bernatek’s.

After seeing everything, we went back to the hotel and then decided to pack because our flight was again very early in the morning.

For this trip, I used my Revolut card, that is a digital-only banking app and card that sets itself apart from traditional banks with a focus on technology, low fees and flexibility. With this card, payments there were so much easier and cheaper. If you want to get one card for you, you just have to press the link on the word Revolut, and it will be free of charge.

See you next week,