Event Tech Live 2019

Event Tech Live 2019

Hi everyone,

Today I am here to talk with you about my experience at the Event Tech Live that I went to the other month. Since I am a BA (Hons) Marketing with Events Management Student, my lecturers decided to take us to this event for our Creative Media and Events module. In this module, we are talking about innovation in the events industry, so this event came on time for new learning about this topic.

We left Summer Row at 7.30am, and arrived in London at 11.30am, so it took us 4 hours to get there. As you can predict everyone in my class, including me, were starving and bored from being inside of a coach for 4 hours.

When we got into the event, they checked our bags, and then they gave us our badges with our names, so we could go out to eat and then come back to explore the event, and that’s what we did. My friends and I decided to eat first in a market called Old Spitalfields. If you have visited this part of London, I really recommend you go there because it has a lot of options for every taste.

I had a look around the market, and in the end, I decided to have a crepe with ham and cheese and an orange juice. I don’t know if it was because I was starving or not, but the crepe was delicious. Still, in the same market, I bought a massive doughnut, that I saved for our way back to Birmingham.

After everyone finished lunch, we went back to the event, and we started exploring it. The first thing we did was listen to a presentation about wi-fi, 5g and technology. I found this one very interesting because it was an informal format and just 3 men that work in the industry, discussing the topics that I mentioned.

Straight after the presentation, we decided to walk around to see the different companies there, and we found some interesting ones, such as Itr, with their 360-degree projectors and Smart Av where we took 3 different pictures inside of a cube and found a robot that took pictures as well.

At 3pm we went back to the coach, and it was again 4 hours back to Birmingham, and when we got back, I just wanted to sleep and do nothing the rest of the day.

In general, I think that I recommend that people go to this event but only if you work in the events industry because if you are a student, they don’t take you as seriously as they should. In the end, it was a pleasant experience, and I think I learned a little bit more about technology after this event.

See you next week,