One day out in Birmingham

One day out in Birmingham

Hi everyone,

I hope you are excellent, and if you have any work that it is going well. I am now focusing on my dissertation and if you want eventually I can write a post about how it was to write a dissertation with some tips.

I wanted to tell you about a weekend in December when my uncle made me a surprise visit, and came to Birmingham to visit me. He usually comes every year, but since this year he didn’t know if he could take holidays, I thought I was only going to see my family in December, but I was delighted that he came. Since we see each other every year there isn’t a lot of things that we haven’t visited before, but I decided to go with him around Birmingham and to one specific place that I have never visited either.

We woke up at 9am, but of course, we only left the house around 10 am. We started by going to the Custard Factory because it was one of the places that I had on my list since I came to Birmingham and never had the opportunity to visit because I thought it was too far from where I live but in the end it was only 15 minutes walking.

The Custard Factory is situated in Digbeth, and it is an independent shopping destination and creative and digital business work space. I wanted to go there because I have always seen pictures of it and it looked pretty. It is a lovely place to hang out, and I think it would be nice to have an office there.

.   

After the custard factory we went to have a walk around the library. The last time that my uncle came everything in front of the library was closed, so he only saw that with constructions. We saw the ferries wheel and the ice-skating area in the middle, I hope to have time to go ice skating before I go back home for Christmas. Since we were close, we went to have a look at the Christmas market, and we ended up having lunch there.

Before dinner, we decided to do some Christmas shopping, because my uncle wanted to buy some presents, including mine which I will tell you about after Christmas. For dinner, we decided to try Zizi, the Italian restaurant and I am shocked. As you probably know, my favourite restaurant is Bella Italia, but Zizi is so lovely, and I am not sure which one I prefer now. We decided to have the garlic bread with mozzarella as a starter, and then each of us chose a different main course. I chose the Spaghetti Chorizo Carbonara because I love a good carbonara, my boyfriend chose the pizza, and it was massive, and finally, my uncle chose a pasta with beef and buffalo cheese that he loved.

After dinner, we just went home because he was tired, and the next day he had a flight to catch and then drive home.

I hope you enjoyed my post and see you next week.