Favourites of the month: October

Favourites of the month: October

Hi everyone,

I don’t know if it was just me or if it was for everyone, but October just went so fast and I can’t believe we are already in November and Christmas is around the corner.

The last I talked about this theme was in summer, and I shared with you my favourites for that season of the year. Now, winter is already here, and my favourites are different, so that’s why I decided to share them with you.

Music:

In the last couple of months, I have been obsessed with Brazilian songs because they have a nice rhythm, and they make me dance all the time. At the same time, I have also been listening to one song a lot called “Someone you love” from an artist called Lewis Capaldi. If you haven’t heard the song before I recommend you listen to it.

Films / Series:  

During September and October, I didn’t have the time to watch a lot of movies and series, but I watched a couple of them, and today I have to talk to you about them.

The sun is also a star

This movie is one of the best that I have seen during the year. This movie is about a girl that is fighting against her family’s deportation and a boy that has high pressure at home to become a doctor in the future. Of course, they fall in love with each other, but the most fantastic part is the way they fall for each other.

If you like romantic movies, you have to watch this one definitely.

Unbelievable

I watched this series in 2 or 3 days because I was “addicted” to it. It was not one of the best that I have seen on Netflix but definitely one that made me angry, sad and happy in just 10 episodes. This series starts when a teen reports being raped, then recants her story, two female detectives follow evidence that could reveal the truth. What intrigued me most was the fact that it is based on a real story, because there is a lot of cruelty in this world.

If you have seen any of this series of films, let me know your opinion.

Skin Care:

L’Oreal Paris Hydra Genius Normal to Combination Skin

I found this cream when I was still back in Portugal because my mom had a sample of it at home, so I decided to try it. The cream is perfect, especially if you have oily skin or if you don’t like the creams that take a lot of time to apply. Also one of the most essential things it only costs £9.99 at Superdrug, so it’s very affordable.

Hair :

If you are a person like me that hates to dry your hair or even use straighteners every day, I have the solution. I recently bought the Rowenta CF6220F0 Express Air Brush, and it’s been my best friend for the last month. This product does the job of a dryer and a straightener, so you don’t have to spend time using both because you can use it with wet or dry hair, so it is right for any occasion. This specific electric brush is still good to travel with also because it is quite small and it’s not heavy at all, and when you only have 20 kilos allowance, I know that it’s good to have light equipment.

Clothes:

For my last category, I am here to talk about outfits that I am currently obsessed, such as Mom Jeans and the Biker Jacket that I got from Topshop. In terms of Mom Jeans, they are the most comfortable pair of jeans, and they look good with trainers or even with boots.

For my biker jacket, I got 1 week ago, and I love it. It’s hot, and it’s black, so it fits with everything. When I go to university, I need a warmer jacket and then a lighter layer underneath because inside of the buildings are usually very hot.

I hope you enjoyed my favourites and let me know which you have been obsessed recently.