My trip to Bali – Benoa, Nusa Dua and Kuta

Hi everyone,

I am now back to Lisbon for one week before I go to the north of Portugal with my boyfriend’s family for a week. I am going to visit little villages that I will talk about in future posts.

But for today we have my last post about Bali. As I told you last week when I went to Benoa something happened, so basically I got very sick, I couldn’t eat for days, and had issues with my stomach and intestines. On the first day, I spent all day sleeping on the sun lounger under the umbrella and just eating bread to try to feel better. On the next morning (22th June) I wasn’t well at all, because the night before I was vomiting so we decided to go to the closest hospital just to make sure that it was not something serious. To summarise, I had the Traveler’s diarrhoea, that is caused by eating contaminated food or drinking contaminated water. In the hospital, they gave me medication and gave me a list of what I should eat for the next couple of days. The next day when we went back, I stayed in the hotel without doing anything, that was quite boring for my family. We just went out for dinner to the same restaurant that I told you about on the post before Coconut Restaurant, where I had only plain rice, that was horrible.

Now talking about something better, on the morning after (23rd June) I felt a little bit better, so we decided to visit Nusa Dua, which was a village close to our hotel, so we walked around 40 minutes to get there. Nusa Dua is famous because of their festival of lights but also because of the fantastic resorts.

We decided to stay at the beach during the morning, as not to do a lot of exercise so I could try and recover.

For lunch we went to a local restaurant ( Bemo Corner Coffee Shop, Restaurant & Spa) where I had avocado toast, that was one of my favourite meals during this part of the trip, and my mum had the same.

After lunch, we decided to explore the village, do some shopping and to take more pictures. Subsequently we went back to the hotel to rest for the next day and because I was not feeling well again.

On the 24th of June, we decided to explore another place a bit further than the other one, but the hotel had a free taxi to get there, so we decided to use it. We visited Kuta, which is a beach and resort area, that is best known for surfing. In this place, there are big waves, so it has trendy surf spots, with plenty of outfitters offering board rentals and surf lessons.

At Kuta, we visited the beach and then the town. We went to a shopping centre because it was too hot to be outside, so we decided to have lunch there at a restaurant called Johnny Rockets, that was pretty good.

After lunch, we visited the rest of the village and went back to the hotel to enjoy the swimming pool in the afternoon. For dinner, my parents ordered some KFC, and I had some bread and a little bit of chicken.

On the 25th we decided to stay in the hotel because it was our last full day in Benoa. In the morning my mum and I decided to go to the rooftop swimming pool to take some pictures and to enjoy the sun.

In the afternoon we went to the beach until the sunset, because I decided that I wanted to see the sunset by the pool.

For dinner, on this day we went to a pizza restaurant called Roby Pizza Italiana, what I really recommend, it was cheap, and the food was delicious.

So the 26th was our last day in Bali, so we just relaxed by the pool because 18 hours of travel were waiting for us for the journey back home. We got to the airport around dinner time because our flight was at midnight (local hour) to Dubai, and then Dubai to Lisbon.

This is the end, I hope you enjoyed it and if you are going to Bali any day, just message me, and I will give you all of my tips.

See you next week,