My trip to Bali- Ubud Part 3 + First day in Benoa

Hi everyone,

Today I bring you my last post about Ubud and next week, unfortunately, will be the last post about Bali. Don’t worry, I still have a lot to tell you on this post and on the future one.

On the 3rd day (20th June) we only had the morning to explore, so we decided to book that day to visit the area near us. We decided to see the Monkey Forest and the famous market to buy souvenirs and to buy some things that we already had in mind.

We started the day by having breakfast at the hotel, and then we walked to the Monkey Forest, which was around 15 minutes walk. The monkey forest is the sanctuary, or natural habitat of Balinese Monkeys and entry fee is IDR 80,000 (£4.60) per person, which is the most expensive attraction that we have been to during our trip. The monkeys were adorable, but I was so scared of them because before I went to Bali, I saw some videos on Youtube and some of the monkeys were aggressive. On my experience, the only thing that happened to us was the monkey jumped on my father’s backpack. The monkey tried to steal from him, but my father hit him with the GoPro, and he left without taking anything (as you can see in the picture).

When we left the Monkey forest, we found the Ubud Palace, we didn’t know it was so close to the monkey forest, so we decided to visit. The palace is the palace of the royal family, making it one of the most prominent landmarks in Ubud. It serves as a cultural repository of arts, dance and literature. For these attractions, we didn’t pay anything.

Our last stop was Ubud market, that is known for selling woman’s handbags, souvenirs and hand-crafted goods. In this market, you need to bargain every product because the sellers always put the price very high to try to make more profit. I bought a bag, a dress and some souvenirs for my friends from the market.

After the market, we went straight to the hotel because the transfer was picking us up at 2pm to go to our next destination: BENOA. Benoa is a peninsula that is a subdistrict of Kuta South District of Badung. This place is famous for the beaches and water sports. From Ubud to Benoa was around 1-hours driving and we finally arrived at our new hotel, Tijili Benoa. The hotel was super cosy, the swimming pools were amazing and the beach good as well. When we arrived it was 3pm and when we finish organising the rooms it was 4pm, so we decided to go to the swimming pool and just relax.

On the evening we went out for dinner but I start feeling sick but I will tell you more about it next week. We decided to try a restaurant called Coconut Restaurant, where we had some typical Balinese food and European food. After the dinner we went straight back to the hotel, and the rest is for the next post…

I hope you enjoyed it and see you next week,