My Trip To Bali: Ubud Part 2

My Trip To Bali: Ubud Part 2

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is having a lovely summer, even though the weather has not been the best until now. At the moment I am in the south of Portugal in a place called Vilamoura, that is really famous with tourist’s during summer.

As promised, I will continue sharing my experience in Bali with you. On our second day (19th June), we had breakfast in the hotel as well, then our tour guide picked us from the hotel at 9am.

We started the day by visiting Taman Mumbul that is a sacred place sanctified by the Sangeh, and it has a massive lake with clear water.

After we moved to another waterfall, this one called Leke Leke Bali, and it costs IDR 30,000 (£1.75) per person. One thing that you have to keep in mind when you are visiting the waterfalls is that access is difficult, so for old people or for people with lousy mobility is not the best idea. This waterfall was beautiful, but the water was freezing.

Before having lunch we went to the most famous monument in Bali, and if you ever saw pictures of Bali, I am pretty sure that you saw this monument. The place is called Ulun Danu Beratan Temple and is famous because it is located about 1200 metres above sea level in Lake Beratan and is a beautiful temple. We paid IDR 50,000 (£3) per person.

We had lunch in a restaurant that I don’t recommend at all, so I will not talk about it. After lunch, we went to a new place, that was still under construction. The place was called The Blooms Garden, and it was IDR 40,000 (£2.35) per person. The gardens were beautiful, and it’s an excellent place to go with children or to do a picnic because it has proper picnic areas.

Consequently, the tour guide decided to bring us to another rice terrace called Jatiluwih Rice Terrace. This one was quieter and its namesake upland village in West Bali is most famous for their dramatic and exotic landscapes.  In this rice field, you have 5 tracks that you can do, but my family were already very tired of walking, so we did the Red track that is the short one that takes around 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete. I am not entirely sure how much we paid on this one, but I think it was IDR 40.000 (£2.35).

The end of the day was for me, one of the highlights of the trip. We all went down to the island of Tanah Lot, that is a rock formation off the Indonesian island of Bali, and it is home to the ancient Hindu pilgrimage temple Pura Tanah Lot. We had the opportunity to watch the sunset there, and I can ensure you it was the best sunset of my life. The place grew busy, but it was still magic and peaceful.

After this, we went back to the hotel that was one-hour driving, when we arrived we had to pack because on the next day we were going in the afternoon to another part of the island that I am going to tell you about in the next post.

I hope you enjoyed this post and have a good week,