My Trip To Bali: Ubud Part 1

My Trip To Bali: Ubud Part 1

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a fantastic week and I hope your grades were as good as you expected and for the ones that are going to graduate in September congratulations, I wish you all the best!

Since I promised you 2 weeks ago, I am here today to share with you my experience in Bali, Indonesia. My parents booked this trip back in April, and it was to celebrate my 20th birthday, but also to meet and explore a new country and meet new people.

We left Lisbon on the 16th June at 7pm, stopped at Dubai and arrived at Bali at 10pm (local hour) on the 17th June. On the day that we arrived we just went straight from the airport to our hotel in Ubud called The Grand Ubud Sunti, that was around 1-hour driving, and when we got there, we went to bed.

On the next day, we started by having breakfast at the hotel, and the restaurant was in an extreme environment as you can see in the pictures.

After we started to explore the country, and in our case, we decided to book a 2 days excursion with our own tourist guide, and it was one of our best decisions. The tourist guide is originally from Ubud, and if you are going to Bali, I really recommend you to use his services, he is called Kadek Kaa Driver (on facebook). So we started our journey at 10 am, and we visited the Tegalalang Rice that is the most famous rice field in Ubud, and it was one of the places that we wanted to visit. In this place we didn’t pay the entry fee, we only had to give a small donation.

Later we went to the Pura Tirtha Empul that is a temple famous for its holy spring water, where Balinese Hindus go to for ritual purification. In this temple, we had to use a scarf around our legs, and we paid IDR 15,000 (90p) per person.

Sequently we decided to visit a coffee plantation called Satira, where we didn’t pay any entry either, and they offered us a collection of 13 drinks ( 8 teas and 5 coffees). In the end, my father liked two of the beverages so much that we decided to buy them to bring home ( lemon tea and mangosteen). In the coffee plantation, I also found the small straw houses (I don’t think this is the right name) that are really famous on Instagram and I paid IDR 30,000 (£1.80) to take pictures of them.

Before having lunch we even stopped at Tibumana Waterfall, that was simply beautiful, and I was sad because I forgot my bikini on this day so I didn’t have the opportunity to swim. For this, we paid IDR 15,000 (90p) per person.

When we finished the morning excursion, we had lunch at a restaurant called Bebek Puri Suling, where we had the first contact of Balinese food which was very spicy, but the natural juices were amazing.

In the afternoon we saw fewer things because we were feeling exhausted and jet lagged because of the 16 hours of plane travel and difference of hours. So we started again by visiting Goa Gajah or Elephant Cave, that is a sanctuary, and we paid IDR 50,000 (£2.90) per person.

The last activity was to visit another waterfall, this one called Tegenungan Village, and it was much bigger than the first one. After this visit, we decided to go back to the city centre and stop at a supermarket to buy our dinner because we were too tired to leave the hotel and have dinner at a restaurant.

To end this day, I went swimming in the hotel pool, and it was one of the best parts of the day.

This was my first full day at Ubud, but stay tuned as next week I will continue to share my trip,