The Wonders Of Modern Technology

The Wonders Of Modern Technology

Since I have moved over to the new house I got to explore the new technological advances this place provides. More importantly I get to improve them with my little (inadvisable) life hacks and see what ticks and what could be dangerous in the long run.

The first thing I’ve discovered is that the internet connection is… awful. I, of course, questioned the state of the router and all nitty-gritty details of the deal made with BT. To my surprise, the mistake was not on BT’s side. It just seems to me like the connection is just not enough to support that many people.

Since I have been around the router a lot, I’ve noticed that there is a long internet cable that could easily be put from the room I am staying in to the living room, where the router is. It was a long, tedious, but ultimately rewarding exercise as the internet is much better now. Bonus point is that every time I step out of the room I get to see the genius of my home engineering.

Another part of the exploration is the laundry process. For the first time in 2 years we are left without a dryer. This means we have to dry our clothes the old-fashioned way: hang and pray.

I have yet to make any improvements to the washing-up process as it is my first time trying it (clothes are freshly in just now), but as soon as I think of some genius (or stupid) idea I’ll let you know.

One thing I must bring back to my attention (and to yours) is that washing machines are quite tricky. I love doing laundry personally. However, while washing machines have about the same settings across different types and brands, their design can often make you dizzy.

If you want your good-ol’ 40°C on 1000 spins, you can’t tell for certain if you’ll get the setting right in 10 seconds or 10 minutes. Or that’s just me. Technology is alien to me; just imagine the old granddad that puts the electric kettle on the stove.