Summer Reading List

Summer Reading List

Hi everyone, I hope your exams are going well, and you have almost everything finished. In my case, I have already finished my second year, and I am now back home where I am going to spend my summer including working. During this summer I already have 3 trips booked, but for now, I am not going to tell you where I am going, but I ensure you exciting posts are coming over the summer.

For this weeks post, I am going to tell you about my summer reading list. During the academic year I usually don’t have a lot of time to read, so I always try to read at least 3 books during summer. Since next year is my final year at UCB, I need to start thinking about my dissertation so some of them I have chosen because of that.

1. Influencer: Building Your Personal Brand in the Age of Social Media

As nightlife blogger, then social media strategist and now Senior Director of Influencer Strategy and Talent Partnerships at Hearst Magazines Digital Media, Brittany Hennessy had seen the role of an influencer evolve and expand into something that few could have imagined when social media first emerged.

1. Instastyle: Curate Your Life, Create Stunning Photos, and Elevate Your Instagram Influence 

InstaStyle is a must-have guide for a booming industry, full of beautiful imagery and easily to understood guides to help you achieve your Instagram goals. Fans of Tezza will love seeing her photographs in beautiful book format while gaining a behind-the-scenes look at how she curates her brand. You’ll learn how you can create an immediately recognisable grid aesthetic and showcase your life while remaining true to your personal brand.

1. The Sun Is Also A Star

College-bound romantic Daniel Bae and Jamaica-born pragmatist Natasha Kingsley meet — and fall for each other — over one magical day amidst the fervour and flurry of New York City. Sparks immediately fly between these two strangers, who might never have met had fate not given them a little push. With just hours left on the clock in what looks to be her last day in the U.S., Natasha is fighting against her family’s deportation just as fiercely as she’s fighting her growing feelings for Daniel.

1. In Capture Your Style

In Capture Your Style, Song reveals the secrets behind creating the ultimate feed and breaks down the technical and editorial essentials for creating an account that will draw thousands of followers to earn you likes and brand attention. Organised by lifestyle categories, including fashion, travel, food, décor and more, the book presents the best apps and filters for processing photos, improving your voice and capturing your story on Instagram. There is also how-to information for propping and styling food and fashion photos.

The last one is a little different one because it was recommended by my boyfriend and he prefers to read suspense books, so I hope I will like it as well.

1. The Outsider

Horrified by a brutal killing, Detective Ralph Anderson, whose own son was once coached by Maitland, orders the suspect to be arrested in a public spectacle. But Maitland has an alibi. And further research confirms he was indeed out of town that day. As Anderson and the District Attorney trace the clues, the investigation expands from Ohio to Texas. And as horrifying answers begin to emerge, so King’s propulsive story of almost unbearable suspense kicks into high gear. Terry Maitland seems like a nice guy, but there is one rock-hard fact, as unassailable as gravity: a man cannot be in two places at the same time. Can he?

These are my recommendations for this summer, but please let me know if you have any other books that I should read, being my favourite style of books: romance plus all the new social media books.

See you next week,