7 movies to watch during the last week of Easter Break

Hi everyone,

We are already in our final week of holidays before we go back to University to finish the year and at the moment, I am in Portugal to celebrate my mum’s birthday.

Since you still have one week and one week has 7 days I thought it would be interesting to share with you some movies to watch in these last days whilst you still have a break from your studies.

1. Avengers: Infinity War

Of course, I needed to start with a superhero’s movie, since I am now addicted to them and the second part of the Avengers just came out last week.  I’m so much of a fan I was one of the people that went to premiere on the 24th of April at 11pm to watch it.

In the first part Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk and the rest of the Avengers unite to battle the evil Thanos. On a mission to collect all six Infinity Stones, Thanos plans to use the stones to inflict his twisted will on reality and delete half of the population in the universe.

This movie is full of action, and without giving you any spoilers, it is one of those films that if you saw the previous ones that you really feel the power of the film.

1. Isn’t it romantic

My second choice is a little bit different, I found this movie one day when I was trying to find something to watch on Netflix. Two of the principal characters are from one of my favourite movies of all the time (Pitch Perfect) Rebel Wilson and Adam DeVine.

Natalie ( Rebel ) is a New York architect who works hard to get noticed at her job, but most of the people think that she is at the company just to deliver coffee and bagels. One day when she gets robbed in the subway, she gets knocked unconscious and everything changes. When she wakes up, she is in a different universe and also in her worst nightmare in a romantic comedy.

I found this one so good because I was always laughing with Natalie as she is one of the funniest actresses.

1. The Perfect Date

The next one I was kind of disappointed in the end, to be honest. Probably all of you have heard about the actor Noah Centineo that made the movie “To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before” and “Sierra Burgess Is A Loser”. When I saw on his Instagram that he was doing another movie I thought it was going to be as good as the other ones but don’t get me wrong the movie is good, but I was expecting more.

Basically Brooks (Noah) creates an app to offer his services as a fake date to make money to go to the university but in the end, he falls in love with one girl, and all of his plans get complicated.

1. Someone Great

Another movie from Netflix and another one that I saw because of the actress. Her name is Gina Rodriguez, and she is the main character in one of my favourite series called Jane the Virgin, and probably I will make a post about my beloved series from all time.

In this movie, she and her boyfriend break up after 9 years together because she is moving to San Francisco and the film tells the history of her last adventure in New York with her best friends.

1. Step Sisters

I think I saw this one 1 year ago, but last week I saw it again and so I thought i’d add it to this list.

Jamilah seems to have it all. She’s the president of her society, captain of the step dance crew, student liaison to the college dean, and she has been accepted to Harvard Law School. When the hard-partying white girls from Sigma Beta Beta embarrass the school, Jamilah is asked to come to the rescue by teaching the rhythmically-challenged how to dance, in hopes of winning the Steptacular, the most competitive of dance competitions.  The problem is it’s so tricky because they don’t have any rhythm.

In the end, you can take some lessons from this movie, and sometimes I like to see films that I learn something from.

1. Footloose

This one is so old, but I just saw it two weeks ago, and I was so shocked that I didn’t watch since is one of my favourite types of movies, with dancing, teenagers and love.

Basically, Ren moved from Chicago to a small town where dancing to rock music is illegal. Ren doesn’t like to follow the rules, but with the help of some friends tries to change the law, but in the end, he falls in love with Ariel the daughter of Reverend Shaw Moore that is against dancing in public.

1. Captain Marvel

The last one that I am going to talk about is another superhero movie and if you are going to watch Avengers: Endgame you have to watch this one first.

Captain Marvel is a Kree warrior who finds herself in the middle of an intergalactic battle between her people and the Skrulls. She lives on Earth, and she is currently having some memories of another life as U.S Air Force pilot where her name was Caroline Danvers. With help from Nick Furry ( S.H.I.E.L.D agent), she tries to end the war with the Skrulls but also to investigate her past.

I hope you enjoy my recommendations of movies, I realise they are really different from each other, but our mood is not always the same.

See you next week,