Residential Trip to Munich – Part 1

Residential Trip to Munich – Part 1

Hi everyone! As I promised last week, this week’s post is going to be about my residential trip to Munich.

Last week we went to Munich doing research for our Consumer Insights module, which is a standard module for all students studying Marketing.

Day 1

We arrived at the University on Monday at 3am, then caught the coach and went to Gatwick Airport where we found our flight to Munich at 9am. When we landed, it was again going back to the coach and one hour to the city centre.

After we arrived at the hotel at 3pm, my group of friends decided to do the check-in, take a shower and then have lunch/dinner in the city centre.

One of my friends had already been in Munich for 3 months last summer so she knew a lot of the right places to eat, and we were so starving that we decided to go to a burger restaurant called Hans I’m Gluck. The burgers were delicious, but the best thing about the restaurant was the environment – it looked like we were in a jungle or a forest.

After our meal, we just went for a walk, but we were all so tired that we decided to go back to the hotel and sleep because on the next day we needed to wake up early.

Day 2

We woke up at 7am to have breakfast at the hotel and to get ready to leave for a tour that the University organised.

We spent the morning on tour, visiting some emblematic places in the city centre of Munich, including the market, some cathedrals, some places to drink the best beer and Marienplatz.

After the tour, we had a break of one hour where we went to a local cafe, where we had a bad experience with the staff. Basically, I called them to make the order, and no one came, then I ordered my hot chocolate without cream where the team said the cream was extra, but when they served me the cream was there. In the end, to make it worse, they didn’t allow us to split the bill.

After this, we went to Paulaner Bräuhaus to have a German beer experience. When we arrived, they offered us two different types of beers and then a tour of the place, giving us an explanation of how they make the beer.

Later we had free time, where I decided to visit the top of one cathedral (St. Peter’s Church). We paid €2, and there were 300 stairs to see the view, but I can ensure you, it’s one of the best views of my life. We could see Munich but especially Marienplatz.

When we finished this visit, we went back to the hotel where we got ready to have dinner at a restaurant called L’Osteria – as you can see by the pictures, the pizzas were massive and delicious.

I hope you enjoyed this week’s post, next week I will tell you the rest of the trip!

Bye,