Rodizio Rico: The UK’s first Churrascaria

Hi everyone,

I hope you had a lovely Reading Week and finished your assignments like me. First of all, I would like to invite you to my event on the 8th of April at the Karibu Coffee House. This event is an academic project, where my group and I are going to promote some local performances while everyone can enjoy a hot drink and a Mandazi (African doughnut). The price of the ticket is £6, including the hot drink and doughnut – for more information, just follow us on our Instagram page.

Now that I have already done all of the promotion for the event, this week’s post is about one of the best restaurants in Birmingham called Rodizio Rico. This restaurant is located in The Cube, and it’s a Brazilian restaurant where you can eat all the meat you want. To be honest, I am a fan of Brazilian meat so when I found the restaurant, I said to my boyfriend “we have to go!” and last weekend we finally went.

When we arrived at 1pm, we were greeted well by a girl who took us to our table because we booked on the day before. When we were at the table, the waitress explained to us how everything worked in the restaurant. Basically, you have the buffet area where you can go and take as much as you want, where you have some starters, main courses and sides. Then there are a few waiters who go around serving the meat, and you just have to say yes or no, but for that, you only have to use the small rounded cards that they give at the beginning.

After this, another lady came and asked for our drink order and then we went to the buffet area. They had wonderful dishes including rice, some nuggets for the kids, specific recipes and in my opinion, the best on that table was the Cheese Bread (Pão de Queijo) This is a small baked cheese roll and the flavour is fantastic, so for those ones like me that love cheese, you have to try. Then we went back to our table and we tried so many different meats such as beef, lamb, pork (including sausages) and some house chicken. In the end, we were so full that we didn’t try any dessert, but they all looked delicious.

In general, the restaurant is excellent and if you want to go there at lunchtime during the week, it’s cheaper as it is just £17.00 per person. Just follow them on their social media (Instagram & Facebook), and you will see the different meats that you can try.

If you go there, just let me know your opinion. See you next week!